Monday 17 October 2011

Cherry Neko (The Zombie Years...volume two; Video Games)

Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm actually a bit of a video game nut, and whenever I have some spare moneyz I do tend to go and buy myself a new game (or buy my boyfriend one just so I can play it).  I like video games.  I like zombies.  You combine the two?  You get a very happy, bouncy and crazed zombie killing Cherry.  I'm also a huge co op gaming fan (not so much online), there's just something that makes me smile when I'm sitting down Danny or my friends and laughing, it's so much fun.

I was going to nominate something else originally as my favourite zombie game, but then the other day I tried out a new game and have decided I love it far much more.  Borderlands is one of my favourite games of all time, and it had some downloadable content that I finally purchased the other day and it's a download pack called The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned (which I think is a reference to The Island of Dr. Moreau).  The story is brilliant, and funny.  Dr. Ned, who is basically a side character (Dr. Zed) in the Borderlands game with a fake moustache, accidentally has created zombies,and then when trying to find the antidote has ended up creating wereskags (there version of werewolves) instead.  Oh dear.  The game itself is really fun, having a very old school horror film vibe to it.  Even though the colours can be bright and acidy, there's a hint of classic that keeps it from tiliting overboard.  There's tons of film references that just make me smile so much, even a Scooby Doo reference (Harry, Skaggy and the Misery Machine).  The zombies run, and they can surround you quite quickly but that's all part of the fun.  If your in the mood for some zombie gaming fun I highly recommend this download pack, and if your in the mood for a good game I recommend Borderlands too.

2 comments:

  1. :) I spent all day playing Dead Island, eep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I've been tempted to buy that. Is it any good?

    ReplyDelete