Wednesday 8 June 2011

Necklaces, Earrings and Danny oh my

Danny's better, hurrah! He's returned and he's no longer sick.  So I'm a happy and worry free Cherry Neko once more.

Any way, hello blogging world.  How are you all today?  Here in England its been raining pretty heavy, which has added to my happy happy mood today.  I love the rain, I love the smell of it, I love standing outside in it (especially with my uber cute umbrella, which I'll have to get a photo of) and I really love the sound of it.  So what if it gives you a cold every now and then, at least it doesn't make you skin fry.  Although sunny rain  makes me smile too, so I guess I won't hate the sun that much.

This morning I sat down and I made my first pair of earrings ever, and my second attempt at a necklace.  It's a bit better than my first attempt, it just proves that practice definitely helps.

My little lock and key love earrings <3

A lovely blurry picture of my skull and dice necklace
Me and Danny, funny face ftw!

Sorry about the quality on the photo's my boyfriends the photoshop wiz not me.

I'm really enjoying making jewellery, it's lots of fun.  Plus I have these really cute small pliers which help me a lot because I have freakishly small sized hands (my friends words not mine).  My hands are so small that I can't wear bangles because they just fall off, I have to buy tiny rings too. So having some small pliers that don't feel like they're going to fall out of my hands every time I try and squeeze them together is nice.  Even though my hands are freakishly small they're one of my favourite parts of my body.  Odd I know, but it's always nice to like something about yourself, even if its just the little things.

I'm off now to venture into the rain and have some more adventures, who knows what I'll do today but I'm hoping it's going to be fun.

Have a nice day!



2 comments:

  1. Great jewellery! Mine is more of the 'random object, meet gluegun' school of crafting, but I like it anyway. And oddly I have titchy baby hands too, although they don't sound quite as small as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't there a reply button of some sort on these blogs! I'm still trying to figure it out, I'll get there. Glueguns are fun, but I don't trust myself with one. 1. I'm very clumsy and 2. I'll probably get carried away and ending up sticking my phone on tv just because I can =)

    ReplyDelete